Money Matters Simplified at Property Event

Perthshire property experts, from banks and solicitors to house builders, are joining forces this weekend to help house-hunters secure a new home.

‘Help to Buy’ Made Easy!

On Saturday 27 February 2016, Perthshire Solicitors Property Centre is holding an open event within its South St John’s Place premises to talk house-hunters through the recently extended ‘Help to Buy (Scotland)’ scheme which allows buyers, including first-timers, to clinch a new build property with as little as a 5% deposit.

Visitors to PSPC will be able to gather some clear-cut financial and mortgage advice and hear from local builders whose homes are available now through ‘Help to Buy’, as well as representatives from banks and solicitor firms. Experts from Perthshire house building firms Stephen and GS Brown will attend, along with those from RBS, Santander and HSBC as well as PSPC member firm solicitors.

The event is particularly timely since ‘Help to Buy’ was extended by the Scottish Government earlier this year and will be accepting applications from 1 March 2016. The scheme allows people to put down a deposit of as little as 5% of the selling price, combined with a mortgage of up to 80% of the value of the property. Buyers therefore only pay 85% of the property price now, and the remaining 15% is provided by the Scottish Government equity loan.

Anne Begg, PSPC Manager commented, “Moving house can be a challenging time but, as the leading property network in Perthshire, we are here to help simplify the process. ‘Help to Buy’ is a fantastic incentive for both first-time buyers, and those wishing to move on, which can only oil the wheels of the property market further.  We will also be here to talk people through other financial assistance schemes which apply to many properties right here, right now in Perthshire.”

The event, which is free and open to all, will be held at PSPC, 6 South St John’s Place, Perth, PH1 5SU from 10am until 1pm on Saturday 27 February 2016.

For more information on buying or selling in Perthshire, please call Anne Begg, PSPC Manager on 01738 635301, email moving@pspc.co.uk or visit www.pspc.co.uk.

ENDS

Share this article

Leave a Reply

Get in touch to discover how Grainger PR can help you


07912 324 264

claire@graingerpr.co.uk

PROFILE

Grainger PR was launched in 2007, a natural progression from Claire Grainger's varied and impressive career in PR and journalism.

Profile

SERVICES

Grainger PR works with a diverse range of clients in a combination of sectors, from science and property to healthcare.

Services

CASE STUDIES

Explore some recent client case studies, and see what Grainger PR is doing for clients, and what the consultancy could do for you.

Clients