First Phase Released for Sale at New Perth Housing Development

The first phase of homes within Stephen’s new housing development in Perth are now available for reservation.

A variety of two bedroom apartments and two and three bedroom semi-detached villas are now under construction and available to reserve at the West Woodlands development, just a stone’s throw from Glasgow Road.

Reservation details relating to the two bedroom detached bungalows and four bedroom detached villas will be released in Spring 2019.

'Ivy' apartment

‘Ivy’ apartment

With prices ranging from £145,000 to £190,000, all of the homes within the first release are eligible for the Scottish Government’s ‘Help to Buy’ scheme which allows aspiring home owners, including first time buyers, to purchase a new build home with a deposit of as little as 5% of the selling price, combined with a mortgage of up to 80% of the value of the property. Buyers therefore pay just 85% of the property price now, and the remaining 15% is provided by the Scottish Government equity loan.

For example, the ‘Ivy’ apartment, priced at £145,000, will see the purchaser pay just £7,250 as a deposit, combined with a mortgage of £116,000 and a Scottish Government loan of £21,750. Furthermore, first-time buyers of homes priced under £175,000 will be spared Land and Buildings Transaction Tax (LBTT).

Tom Buchanan, Marketing Manager said, “Since we first announced our plans for West Woodlands, we have been bombarded with interest for these properties, with around 650 on the mailing list at present. Their prime location coupled with our reputation for building high-quality, family-friendly homes has really set West Woodlands apart and we are very much looking forward to watching the development take shape in the weeks and months ahead.”

For more information about the development, please visit or email


Share this article

Leave a Reply

Get in touch to discover how Grainger PR can help you

07912 324 264


Grainger PR was launched in 2007, a natural progression from Claire Grainger's varied and impressive career in PR and journalism.



Grainger PR works with a diverse range of clients in a combination of sectors, from science and property to healthcare.



Explore some recent client case studies, and see what Grainger PR is doing for clients, and what the consultancy could do for you.