What do you look for in your Childcare Provider?
Published on 28 January 2017
(Evening Telegraph advertorial – Saturday 28 January 2017)
What do you look for in your childcare provider?
Trust, professionalism, compassion? These might be top of your list but, in this modern and often stressful working world, there may also be challenges linked to finance and flexibility.
Perhaps your challenge is finding an affordable, first class nursery that can offer flexible childcare to suit changeable working hours?
As we enter a new year – and under the new ownership of Busy Bees – The Teddy Bear Club Nursery in Dundee is now offering more than ever before.
Susan Gorman, Manager explained, “We always listen to our parents, and to all feedback we receive, but we have been doing that extra bit of consultation recently, and are delighted to be offering a broader and more attractive package to the children in our care. They are, after all, our number one priority.
“However, with many of us parents ourselves, we are well aware that life isn’t always easy and can be tricky to juggle. Many of our parents work changeable shifts. We wanted to give something back to the many parents who work for one of the city’s universities, or NHS Tayside so we have incorporated their needs into our new package too.”
So, what’s now available to The Teddy Bear Club Nursery’s children and their families?
- Reduced rate for full time children
- 5% introductory discount to parents who work for NHS Tayside or Dundee’s Universities
- Parents using Busy Bee vouchers will receive 5% discount
- 10% discount for oldest child of families with more than one child attending full time
- Introduction of flexible, part-time spaces for 3- 5 years
These new, added extras and incentives are of course in addition to what The Teddy Bear Club Nursery, which offers funded places for 3-5 year olds in partnership with Dundee City Council, is already renowned for:
- Expansive outdoor / green space, with play equipment enjoyed all-year round, from treehouse and climbing frame to cycle area, not forgetting a vegetable patch and digging plots!
- Eco-Schools Green Flag award-winner (2017 and 2014) for commitment to recycling, maximising use of outdoor space, wildlife spotting in garden, Fairtrade activities etc.
- Dedicated chef focusing on ‘home-style’ cooking – all food and snacks prepared on the premises
- Additional classes – listening, P.E and music
- Supporting local community – working with charities including Tay FM Cash for Kids, Dundee Foodbank, Salvation Army, as well as library trips and fortnightly visits from Dundee City Council library bus
- Parental engagement throughout the year – various ‘stay and play’ sessions/ information evenings with invited guests
For more information on The Teddy Bear Club Nursery, which provides childcare and education for children up to school age, please telephone 01382 641577 or visit website www.teddybearclubnursery.co.uk.